The 2014 USA Racquetball National High School Championships features more than 40 high schools from across the country competing for coveted gold medals in singles and doubles divisions. The event will be hosted at the Multnomah Athletic Club, one of the premiere clubs in the country.
- All High School National entrants will qualify for the 2014 Junior Olympics this June in Highlands Ranch, Colorado
- Winners of the boy's and girl's singles #1 Gold divisions will be named to the U.S. Junior National Team.
The awards ceremony is scheduled to begin no earlier than 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 1, at the MAC.
MIXED DOUBLES SERVING RULES
1. Each receiving team member must clearly take a position on opposite sides of the back court within 10 seconds of the score being called. Failure to do so is delay of game.
2. The boy must serve to the boy and the girl must serve to the girl. Any serve that is judged by the referee to be served to the incorrect player is a fault serve (same as a short serve). Definition of legal serve: the serve must bounce in the middle, or in the correct side of the court, and must remain either in the middle or in the correct side of the court for the second bounce if it were to occur.
3. Only the boy may return the boy’s serve; only the girl may return the girl’s serve. Returning serve out of turn is considered an encroachment and results in a point for the serving team.
LIVE BROADCAST SCHEDULE:
February 28, Friday: 10am to 1pm then 4pm to 9pm
March 1, Saturday: 10am to 1pm then 4pm to 9pm
March 2, Sunday: 12pm to 4pm (Finals)
*Times subject to change based upon length of matches. Times listed are for (PST). Location: Portland, OR.