The Texas Racquetball Association and Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the 2018 Texas State Doubles Racquetball Championships will be held in San Marcos, TX. The Championships will be hosted on the campus of Texas State University http://www.txstate.edu/ beginning Friday, October 19, and continuing throughout the weekend on Saturday, October 20, and Sunday October 21, 2018.
The entry deadline will be Monday, October 15, 2018 so please make sure you enter online. Online is the only method of entry for this Championship event. This event will offer DOUBLES only divisions for men and women. All players must have valid current USAR/TXRA membership to play in this tournament. To purchase a membership online, click here.
At least one player on the doubles team MUST be a Texas resident or own a homestead in Texas to play in this event. That means we allow out-of-state, non-residents to play. The event will feature....
- Men's/Women's Open division offered for top players with cash purse.
- Special souvenir Texas State Doubles shirt for everyone.
- One player on each team must be a resident of Texas.
- Special combined age group division, the combined age of two players.
- Awards for 1st and 2nd place in all divisions.
- Mixed Doubles also offered.
- Single Elimination, 2 games to 15 pts, tie-breaker to 11 pts.
- If less than 5 entries in a division it will be Round Robin format
All divisions will play at some time on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
We will need referees to help on all matches, especially the Friday at 7pm matches and the morning matches that begin at 9am on Saturday and Sunday. Please come out early and help us referee. All referees are paid.
We are also accepting online donations for the hospitality and food for all the players. Click the Fees link above to see the description and when logged in, click the Additional Items to Purchase and you can donate there.